With Flash Catalyst, user interface architects can create the user interface for Adobe Flex applications using Adobe graphic software. Then developers can use the result to build the rest of the application in Flex.
- Flash Catalyst can import Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks files keeping all their features.
- Convert artwork into functional UI components (creating Flex component skins).
- Create and edit behaviors (mouse event handling, etc.) without writing code.
- Create animated transitions.
- Return to Photoshop or Illustrator to modify the artwork, while preserving the behaviors, animation, etc. that were created in Catalyst.
- Create UIs to handle dynamic data without having access to the actual data source.
- Use design-time data placeholders when marking up an application, testing interactivity, and choreographing motion.
- Compatible with Flash Builder (formerly called "Flex Builder"), using the same project format.