Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Customizing The Right Click Context Menu With ActionScript 3

Flex Builder 4 Actionscript Tutorials

Right Click The SWF

Context Menu With Hyperlink

The code will make a context menu when users right click on the SWF. Clicking on the site link will open the web page of whatever link you use in the mySiteLink. This is good for blog posts and allows users to see the author of the content.

import flash.net.URLRequest;
import flash.ui.ContextMenu;
var myMenu:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
var copyright:ContextMenuItem = new ContextMenuItem( "Copyright© yoursite.com" );
var credit:ContextMenuItem = new ContextMenuItem( "Your Name Here" );
copyright.addEventListener( ContextMenuEvent.MENU_ITEM_SELECT, visitMySite );
credit.addEventListener( ContextMenuEvent.MENU_ITEM_SELECT, visitMySite );
credit.separatorBefore = false;
myMenu.hideBuiltInItems();
myMenu.customItems.push(copyright, credit);
this.contextMenu = myMenu;
function visitMySite(e:Event)
{
var mySiteLink:URLRequest = new URLRequest( "http://www.yoursite.com" );
navigateToURL( mySiteLink, "_parent" );
}

 

Removing Specific Menu Items

var my_menu:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
my_menu.builtInItems.forwardAndBack = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.loop = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.play = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.print = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.quality = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.rewind = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.save = false;
my_menu.builtInItems.zoom = false;
contextMenu = my_menu;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...